• What information we collect and why we collect it;
• How we use that information; and
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we may collect
We may gather certain types of information about you from the Services: Information you give us. For example, when you register for a seminar, we will ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, company you work for and credit card. No credit card information is stored on your account.
Information we may get from your use of the Services.
We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them to interact with our data and Your Data. This information includes:
• Device information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your BRANZ Account;
• Log information: We may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including:
o The details of how you used the Services, such as your search queries;
o Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers and time;
o The date of and duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls;
o Internet protocol address; and
o Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
• Location information: We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers;
• Unique application numbers: Certain of the Services may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that Service or when that Service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates; and
•Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you use the Services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with the Service in order to:
• track traffic patterns to and from the Services;
• ensure any advertising or communications are being shown to the most appropriate person; and
• enable you to enter the Services and use certain services and to visit registered user only areas of the Services.
How we use information we collect
We may use the information we collect from the Services:
• to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or registered user login details;
• to assist you in using the Services;
• to enhance the delivery of the Services;
• to protect the Services and our users;
• to contact you in relation to the use of the Services;
• for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys if you choose to opt in;
• for marketing purposes, using aggregated, non-identifying statistics; and
• any other use that you authorise.
We may use the name you provide for your BRANZ Profile across all the Services we offer that require a BRANZ Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your BRANZ Account so that you are represented consistently through the Services.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about the Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
The Services process personal information on servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
• Review and control certain types of information tied to your BRANZ Account;
• View and edit your preferences about the Services;
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use the Services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We aim to maintain the Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from the Services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We may disclose or share your personal information in the following circumstances:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of us when we have your consent to do so.
Your BRANZ Account is managed by an administrator and the administrator will have partners or agents who provide user support. They may have access to your BRANZ Account information (including your email and other data). The administrator may be able to:
• View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding seminars you attend;
• Change your account password;
• Suspend or terminate your account access;
• Access or retain information stored as part of your account;
• Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; and
• Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with third parties if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
• Enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations;
• Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and
• Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Services, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Services.
We work hard to protect the Services and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of the Services using relevant technologies and methods;
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
• We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We do not control the practices of content providers, advertisers, partners and other third parties connected with the Services and to whom you provide personal data whilst using the Services. The Services may contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies that we adopt. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal data to any third party.